- Portland Tribune - News
News about area fundraisers
• Crave Party, benefits Girls Inc. of Northwest Oregon, offers shopping from 50 local designers and boutiques in one place, Indian head massage, tarot readings, emceed by 105.1 FM host Daria, noon to 9 p.m., World Trade Center Plaza, 121 S.W. Salmon St., $15. Call 503-226-2377.
• Garden tea party, benefits Albertina Kerr Centers, celebrates 25th anniversary of Albertina's Restaurant and Shops, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Albertina's Restaurant, 424 N.E. 22nd Ave., $20. Call 503-231-0216.
• Third annual summer garden party, benefits Willamette West Habitat for Humanity, includes talk by Habitat for Humanity International and Fuller Center for Housing founder Millard Fuller, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Farmington Gardens, 21815 S.W. Farmington Road, Beaverton, $25 advance, $30 at door. Call 503-844-7606.
• Rummage Around for Kids, benefits Community Transitional School for homeless children, Tucker-Maxon School for hearing-impaired students, and Shepherd's Door and Central City Concern shelters for women and children, Fulton Park Children's Park, educational scholarships and youth exchanges; donated items requested for sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., July 29 and 30, Good Samaritan Hospital parking lot, Northwest Northrup Street and 21st Avenue. Call 503-936-7412.
• Third annual Bovine and Wine Dinner, benefits Oregon Donor Program, event includes raffle and chipping contest on floating green, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 5, Bethany Vineyard and Winery, 4115 N.E. 259th St., Ridgefield, Wash., $60 includes steak dinner, reservations by end of today. Call 1-800-452-1369.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
• Volunteers needed to help women inmates make transition back to the community, sponsored by Women in Community Service Lifeskills, training is 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 19, Coffee Creek Correctional Facility, 24499 S.W. Grahams Ferry Road, Wilsonville, sign up by Aug. 9 to allow time for background check. Call 503-570-6614.
• Special account for leukemia patient Greg Martin, friends have set up an account in his name, contributions can be made at any U.S. Bank. Call 503-784-4257.
• Day spa donates portion of proceeds to Oregon Food Bank, 10 percent of Kanani Pearl's revenues on Mondays in June and July will be donated to food bank, noon to 6 p.m., 1111 N.W. Marshall St. Call 503-242-5500.
• Clothing drive, new socks and underwear sought for the homeless, Portland Rescue Mission shelter, open 24 hours, 111 W. Burnside St. Call 503-906-7602.
Events are free unless noted.