- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, JULY 27
· BASICS OF BUSINESS - WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN BUSINESS - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Registration at 8 a.m. ODS Bldg., 601 S.W. 2nd Ave., Portland. Sponsored by SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives), former Lake Oswego mayor Bill Klammer, chair. $55 if pre-registered at 503-326-3441, or $65 at door.
· MAC SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP - 12:30 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Second and fourth Thursdays.
SATURDAY, JULY 29
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GARAGE SALE - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sales at various homes in the Old Town section of Lake Oswego, bordered by George Rogers Park and State, Furnace and Leonard streets.
· OLD TOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION GARAGE SALE - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sales at various homes in the Old Town section of Lake Oswego, bordered
· LAKE OSWEGO FARMER'S MARKET - 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. 1st and Evergreen streets.
· MOVIE NIGHT AT DUSK - Mary S. Young State Park. 'Dreamer, Inspired by a True Story.'
SUNDAY, JULY 30
· SUNDAY ART IN THE PLAZA - 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Millennium Plaza Park. Between 25 and 40 artists, including works in oil, watercolor, silk, acrylic, photography, painted and fused glass, jewelry, textiles, all for sale. Concert at 7 p.m.
· TASTE OF OSWEGO WINE AND FOOD FESTIVAL - 2-8 p.m. Millennium Plaza Park. Presented by Kruse Way Rotary, Lake Oswego Rotary and city of Lake Oswego. Includes more than 20 wineries and a number of local Lake Oswego restaurants. Supports Rotary charitable causes.
MONDAY, JULY 31
· COMPUTER USERS GROUP - 9:30-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Questions and answers. Beginning at 9 a.m. is for those with personal computer problems that should be addressed and coffee and cake time.
TUESDAY, AUG. 1
· KRUSE WAY ROTARY - Noon-1:15 p.m., 15555 S.W. Bangy Road. Every Tuesday. Program: Buffet lunch, $12, followed by program. Evergreen Aviation Museum with marketing director Nicole Walbert.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 2
· COMPUTER LAB - 12:30-2 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Attendees may seek additional help at this lab.
· WEST LINN FARMERS AND ARTISTS MARKET - 4:30-8:30 p.m. Willamette historic district.
· COURT-APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATE (CASA) - 5-7 p.m. 421 High St., Oregon City. Training session first Wednesday of each month. Learn how to help abused and neglected children in Clackamas County. For information, call 503-723-0521.
· BARRINGTON HEIGHTS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. West Linn Adult Community Center. Board of Directors meeting to discuss ongoing concerns. Open to all Barrington Heights residents.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Friday before the next publication date.