- Portland Tribune - News
The lowdown on events happening in Portland
• Senior Law Project Legal Clinic, for seniors 60 and over who are residents of Multnomah County, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Hollywood Senior Center, 1840 N.E. 40th Ave. Call 503-288-8303.
• Job Finders Support Group, sponsored by local job seekers, noon to 2 p.m., Capitol Hill library, 10723 S.W. Capitol Highway. Call 503-684-3581.
• 2006 Fort Vancouver Candlelight Tour, sponsored by Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, presentations recount events following September 1846 shipwreck of USS Shark, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., continues same hours Saturday, 612 E. Reserve St., Vancouver, Wash. Call 1-360-816-6200.
• Oregon Small Business Fair, for small-business owners and entrepreneurs, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Oregon Convention Center, 777 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Call 503-329-4260.
• Ten Toes Walking Tour, tour of the historic Hollywood District sponsored by city of Portland's Getting Around Portland program and the Architectural Heritage Center, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., meets next to the Hollywood Theatre, 4122 N.E. Sandy Blvd. Call 503-231-7264.
• Festival Japan 2006, sponsored by the Japan-America Society of Oregon, celebration of Japanese culture, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., continues same hours Sunday, Uwajimaya Plaza, 10500 S.W. Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, Beaverton. Visit www.jaso.org.
• 'When You Were 15,' book anthology reading sponsored by Reclaiming Futures Multnomah Embrace and the Multnomah County Library, 1 p.m., Gresham library branch, 385 N.W. Miller Ave. Call 503-988-5387.
• Dance to the Oldies, bring the family to sing and dance to the oldies, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Pattie's Home Plate Cafe, 8501 N. Lombard St. Call 503-289-7285.
• Aftermath of 9/11, Five Years Later: U.S. Policy Past, Present and Future, forum sponsored by the Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., First Unitarian Church, 1011 S.W. 12th Ave. Call 503-236-3065.
• Festival of Faith, celebration of world religions, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Portland State University, Smith Center Ballroom, 1825 S.W. Broadway. Call 503-221-1054.
• 'The Politics of Meaning,' professor Robert Schmidt discusses religion and society, sponsored by the Humanists of Greater Portland, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Friendly House, 1737 N.W. 26th Ave. Call 503-639-1816.
• Eagle Creek to Tunnel Falls hike, sponsored by the Friends of the Columbia Gorge, 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m., call for directions, 503-241-3762.
• Portland Female Executives hosts Jane Rosen, author of 'My Life as a Corporate Goddess,' 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Kells Irish Restaurant and Pub, 112 S.W. Second Ave., $40 advance, $45 at door, register at www.pdxfx.org.
• Citywide Landlord Forum, networking event sponsored by the City of Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., East Precinct Community Room, 737 S.E. 106th Ave. Call 503-823-3505.
• 'Jesus and Mary: Christian and Muslim Perspectives,' talk and potluck dinner presented by the Institute for Christian-Muslim Understanding of Oregon and Southwest Washington, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., St. Mary's Academy, 1615 S.W. Fifth Ave. Call 503-297-2353.
Events are free unless noted.