The Tualatin, Sherwood and Washington County officers involved in the shooting are on paid administrative leave

TUALATIN - The Tualatin apartment of a home-invader killed Sunday by a Washington County Sheriff's deputy was full of drugs and drug-making equipment, according to sheriff's officials.

Five to six marijuana plants, psychedelic mushrooms, a recipe for mescaline and chemicals consistent with the manufacture of mescaline, were all reportedly seized from the apartment of Jordan Laird Case on Tuesday afternoon.

Sgt. David Thompson, public information officer for the sheriff's office, noted that investigators are still awaiting lab confirmation of the drugs seized from Case's apartment in the 12000 block of Tualatin Road.

Case, 20, was shot and killed early Sunday morning by a sheriff's deputy after allegedly breaking into a neighbor's apartment in the Woodridge Apartment complex, assaulting her in front of her 8-year-old daughter, running from police and then trying to grab a rifle that was mounted inside a deputy's patrol vehicle.

Autopsy results have not been released on Case, which is expected to include a toxicology report to determine if Case was under the influence of drugs at the time of his death.

According to an initial press release from the sheriff's office, a 29-year-old woman awoke just before midnight on Saturday to find an intruder in her apartment. After asking the intruder, Case, to leave, the woman reportedly ran to a back bedroom where her 8-year-old daughter was located and called 9-1-1.

The woman struggled to keep the bedroom door closed, but Case overpowered her and entered the room, according to police reports.

The woman fought Case for several minutes. Tualatin police officer, John Jayne then arrived on the scene and engaged the suspect. Case apparently displayed a knife. Jayne used a Taser on Case, but the shock apparently had no effect. Case then ran across Southwest Tualatin Road.

Sherwood police officer Adam Keese arrived and shot Case several times with beanbags. Again, Case did not respond to commands to stop.

Case then began to run toward a Washington County sheriff's deputy's vehicle. Deputy Glenn Howard used a Taser on Case, which again had no effect.

According to reports, Case then leaned into the deputy's car and reached for an MP-5 rifle that was mounted between the seats. Howard then shot Case multiple times, with at least one of the rounds striking Case.

According to reports, Case then backed out of the vehicle and hesitated for a moment before entering the deputy's car again and reaching for the rifle. Howard again shot Case who then collapsed on the ground. Case was pronounced dead at the scene.

Jayne, Keese and Howard have all been placed on paid administrative leave. Jayne has been a patrol officer with the Tualatin Police Department since 2004. Keese has been a patrol officer with the Sherwood Police Department since 2003. Howard has been with the Washington County sheriff's office since 2005 and works as a deputy in the patrol division.

The search of Case's apartment Tuesday was done with the cooperation of Case's parents, Thompson said. The search, which began with detectives from the countywide Major Crime Teams, ended with members of the Westside Narcotics Clandestine Lab Team taking precautions in removing the multitude of drugs and drug manufacturing chemicals from the apartment. Thompson noted that the search took several hours.

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine