- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, NOV. 23
· THANKSGIVING DAY - All offices closed.
· HOLIDAY TOY DRIVE BEGINS - At all Lake Oswego fire stations and the Lake Oswego Public Library.
FRIDAY, NOV. 24
· CITY OFFICES, LAKE OSWEGO REVIEW / WEST LINN TIDINGS OFFICES CLOSED
· TREE LIGHTING CELEBRATION - 5 p.m. Corner of 5th and A streets in Lake Oswego. Free coffee, cocoa or cider. After caroling and tree lighting, festivities continue at Millennium Plaza Park with another tree lighting, free refreshments, live music and characters to entertain children. Santa Claus will arrive, too. Remember to donate non-perishable foods at bins in both locations.
MONDAY, NOV. 27
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP (COMPUTER USERS GROUP) - 9-11 a.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center, 505 G Ave. Questions and answers with Mary Lou Solid. From 9 to 9:30 a.m. people can discuss a personal computer problem and enjoy coffee and cake social time.
· GIVING TREES FOR CLACKAMAS WOMEN'S SERVICES - Trees go up today at Albertson's, 1855 Blankenship Road; Safeway, 22000 Salamo Road; Bale's Thriftway, 19133 Willamette Drive, and Willamette Coffee House, 2120 8th Court. Sponsored by MOMS Club of West Linn.
TUESDAY, NOV. 28
· KRUSE WAY ROTARY - Noon-1:15 p.m., 15555 S.W. Bangy Road. Every Tuesday. Buffet lunch, $12.
· MARYLHURST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. West Linn Adult Community Center.
· PFLAG (CLACKAMAS COUNTY PARENTS, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF LESBIANS AND GAYS) - 7-9 p.m. Atkinson Memorial Church, 710 Sixth St., Oregon City. Group meets each fourth Tuesday. Information: 503-998-1450 or visit www.clackamaspflag.org
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 29
· COMPUTER LAB - 12:30-2 p.m. Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Open to all who need additional help.
THURSDAY, NOV. 30
· UGANDA RISING - 7 p.m. Lewis and Clark College, Templeton Student Center. The college's African Awareness group presents the Portland debut of this Canadian documentary. A panel of experts will discuss issues after the screening. Info: 503-768-7960.
· BLUE HERON NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION - 7 p.m. Westridge Elementary School library. Agenda: Speaker Brant Williams, city of Lake Oswego, will talk on proposed community center; election of officers and neighborhood updates. Questions? Linda Brown, 503-638-1566.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.