Programs for 'seasoned adults' at Clackamas Community College
- 50 something! - News
Seniors and retirees who are looking for educational experiences designed and led by other 'seasoned adults' will find a variety of activities in the Seasoned Adult Enrichment Program co-sponsored by Clackamas Community College.
In its 18th year, the program starts its spring term the first week of April. The annual membership fee is $30; those who join for one term pay $15, and a single session costs $3, payable at the door.
The Seasoned Adult Enrichment Program has scheduled the following events this spring. Sessions begin at 9:30 a.m. at Oregon Institute of Technology's Metro Center, 7726 S.E. Harmony Road in Milwaukie, next to CCC's Harmony Campus. Learn more online at http://depts.clackamas.edu/comed/season.asp.
• April 6 - 'OMSI.' Jennifer Dawson from the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Portland will catch us up on what is new at OMSI this year. A no-host luncheon follows at a venue to be announced.
• April 13 - 'Geezer Gallery.' Amy Henderson and friends will talk about the Geezer Gallery in Multnomah Village.
• April 20 - 'Helping our Veterans.' A staff person from CCC's Veterans' Affairs Department will discuss programs offered.
• April 27 - Field trip to the North Clackamas County Water Commission Plant. See where our water comes from and how it is purified for drinking.
• May 4 - 'Brain Agility.' Brain Agility is a program put together by psychologist Dr. Peter Moulton. Watch his DVD and peruse the workbook, which will be available for purchase.
• May 11 - 'Churchill, Manitoba.' Tom and Linda Staab will share two adventures they had visiting Churchill, on the Hudson Bay in Canada.
• May 18 - 'A Memorable Year.' Kerry and Valerie McQuaid will show photos of their year in Sheffield, England, with side trips to Malta, Italy, Ireland and various parts of England.
• May 21 and May 29 - CCC Theatre production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream.' Curtain time 2:30 p.m. in the Osterman Theatre on the CCC campus in Oregon City. For ticket prices and reservations, call Jennifer at 503-594-3153 or visit www.TheartreCCC.org.