- Lake Oswego Review - News
THURSDAY, NOV. 29
· CLACKAMAS COUNTY NETWORKING INFORMATION AND REFERRAL MEETING - 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Pioneer Community Center, Oregon City. Updates on services with focus on training and placement for people with special needs, English as a second language, American Indian and Alaskan Natives and older adults.
· NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF BOOK PUBLISHERS - If you have a book or are thinking about writing one, join this group of independent publishers. Fairfield Inn, 6100 SW Meadows Rd., Lake Oswego. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· LAKE FOREST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., River Grove Elementary School.
FRIDAY, NOV. 30
· WALLMASTERS TOASTMASTERS - 6:45 a.m., TOC Management Services, 6825 SW Sandburg Rd., Tigard. Contact: Megan 503-550-6572 or www.wallmasters.org.
· JOB FINDERS SUPPORT GROUP - 12 - 2:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Library, 10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland. Free and open to the public. Contact: 503-684-3581.
SATURDAY, DEC. 1
· FOREST HILLS CUBS SCOUT PACK 128 'SCOUTING FOR FOOD' - Canned food collection in the First Addition between 9 a.m. and noon. For those not living in the First Addition, donations accepted at Forest Hills Elementary School from 9 to 11 a.m.
· THREE RIVERS LAND CONSERVATORY RESTORATION WORK PARTY - 9 a.m. to noon, Keller Woodlands, an urban forest of SW Terwilliger.
· LAKE OSWEGO NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION COALITION MEETING (LONAC) - 9:30 a.m., Oswego Heritage House, 398 10th St.
MONDAY, DEC. 3
· LOACC-CLC USERS GROUP - 9:30 a.m., Lake Oswego Adult Community Center. Questions and answers with Bob Guyan and Wally Helm.
TUESDAY, DEC. 4
· GRUPO DE CHARLAR DE WEST LINN - 6 - 8 p.m., West Linn Public Library. Spanish language practice/discussion group - speakers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Native Spanish speakers who would like to practice their English are also encouraged to attend. Every Tuesday evening, drop in.
· THE OTHER WORLDS BOOK CLUB - 7 p.m., Lake Oswego Public Library. Science fiction and fantasy book club that focuses on recent novels.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 5
· FIRST ADDITION NEIGHBORS COORDINATING COMMITTEE MEETING - 7 p.m., Adult Community Center, Lake Oswego.
· FIRST WEDNESDAY AT HERITAGE HOUSE - 7 p.m., 398 10TH St. Local history topics. Contact: 503-635-6373.
· TALK ABOUT MOVIES - Noon, Lake Oswego Public Library. December topic: Any Mel Brooks movie or any movie featuring Gene Wilder.
THURSDAY, DEC. 6
· TANNER BASIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION MEETING - 7 p.m., West Linn City Hall.
· SUZANNE ROBERTS - 'COPING IN NEW TERRITORY - THE HANDBOOK FOR CHILDREN OF AGING PARENTS' - 6:30 p.m., Oswego Springs, 11552 S.W. Lesser Rd., Lake Oswego. Author speaks on coping skills that help you care for yourself as you care for your aging parents. Free and open to the public.
· NEWCOMERS WELCOME CLUB MEET AND GREET - 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., first Thursday of each month. Call for location, 503-495-3841.
· PALISADES NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING - 7 p.m., Lakeridge High School.
Send news of your event to What's Happening, Review/Tidings, P.O. Box 548, Lake Oswego, Ore., 97034. Deadline for submissions is noon Friday before the next publication date.