Brought to you by Lake Oswego's Michael Wise - Michael Wise & Associates, P.C. - LAKE OSWEGO LEGAL INSIDER -

Michael Wise - Michael Wise & Associates, P.C. - LAKE OSWEGO LEGAL INSIDER -If you or a member of your family has been involved in a serious auto accident, there are some steps you should take to protect your ability to maximize auto insurance coverage compensation and benefits you are entitled to for any injuries you may have sustained.

  • Document the accident. Write down a description of the events and take pictures of the scene, vehicle damage and any injuries. If possible, get contact information from witnesses.
  • Visit a doctor if you have been injured. Report all injuries, even if they are minor. Having a record of the injury will increase your chances of financial recovery if your medical condition worsens.
  • Seek out an experienced and qualified personal injury or auto accident attorney. If you have a lawyer negotiate with an insurance company, it's likely they will offer you a larger settlement than if you negotiate directly.
  • Another benefit of hiring a lawyer is that they know what questions to ask, such as: What are the insurance liability limits? Are there other sources of insurance? What is the adjuster likely to pay out?
  • A lawyer can also help you decide if you should file a lawsuit. Once a lawsuit has been filed, your attorney will be dealing with another attorney instead of an adjustor, and your case will have deadlines to expedite the process. Having your lawyer file a lawsuit doesn't guarantee a larger settlement, but you are more likely to get a settlement (or verdict) that reflects the true value of your case.
  • If you've been in an accident, call Michael Wise & Associates for a free consultation!

    Michael Wise & Associates, P.C.

    385 First St., Suite 221

    Lake Oswego, OR 97034


    Go to top
    Template by JoomlaShine