ASK A COP
I have been assigned as the Lake Oswego Police Department's School Resource Officer and will be starting my first full school year this week as part of my six-year assignment. While my focus will generally be on the junior and senior high schools, I will also be working with the staff and students at all six elementary schools.
Also new this year are the start and end times for all schools in the district:
• High schools will start at 8:25 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m., with early release on Thursdays at 3:15 p.m.;
• Middle schools will start at 9 a.m. and end at 3:55 p.m., with early release on Thursdays at 3 p.m.;
• Elementary schools will start at 8:30 a.m. and end at 2:50 p.m., with early release on Thursdays at 2:10 p.m.;
• Morning extended care at Uplands Elementary will run from 7-8 a.m.; afternoon extended care will run from 3-6:30 p.m.
With the new school schedules, school speed zone times also will change. Where flashing yellow lights are present, the new times are:
• LOHS/LOJ: 7:45-9:15 a.m. and 3:15-4:25 p.m.;
• Lakeridge High School: 7:45-8:40 a.m. and 3:15-4 p.m.;
• Lakeridge Junior High: 8:20-9:15 a.m. and 3:40-4:25 p.m.;
• Lake Grove Elementary: 7:50-8:45 a.m. and 2:40-3:25 p.m. (1:55-2:40 p.m. on early release Thursdays);
• Westridge Elementary: 7:50-8:45 a.m. and 2:40-3:25 p.m. (1:55-2:40 p.m. on early release Thursdays);
• Our Lady of the Lake: 7:30-8:15 a.m. and 2:45-3:30 p.m.
At schools with posted signs only and no flashing lights, the 20-mph speed limit is in force:
• Forest Hills Elementary: at 10th Street and Andrews Road when children are present, on Andrews Road from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on school days, and on Sunningdale Road from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on school days;
• Hallinan Elementary: on Hallinan Street when children are present and on Cherry Lane from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on school days;
• Oak Creek Elementary: on Melrose Street and on Kingsgate Road from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on school days;
• River Grove Elementary: on McEwan Road from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on school days.
This information is also available on our website at ci.oswego.or.us/police/school-resource-officer.
And as a reminder, the Lake Oswego Police Department will conduct its first school zone enforcement detail from 7:45-9:15 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 7, on Country Club Road adjacent to both Lake Oswego High School and Lake Oswego Junior High.
— School Resource Officer Bryan Sheldon