This week's question for the LOIPD: How can I follow up on something I called in?

(A Lake Oswego police officer or firefighter answers readers' questions each week in this space. To submit a question, call Editor Gary M. Stein at 503-636-1281 ext. 102 or send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

How can I follow up on something I called in?

VEACHIf you've contacted the police department to report a crime or submit information and have the contact information of the officer that responded, you can always contact them by email or by calling the Lake Oswego Police Department's non-emergency line at 503-635-0238.

If you no longer have the responding officer's information or reported something anonymously, you can contact the non-emergency line and reference the case number or the specific date/time/location of the call, and a dispatcher will try to locate the specific officer that responded and have them call you back in a timely manner.

If you have a specific request or see a violation occur, the Lake Oswego Police Department encourages all citizens to contact the non-emergency line at 503-635-0238 and an officer will be dispatched as soon as available.

— Officer Denton Veach

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine