Oregon Music Hall of Fame
The 11th annual induction and concert will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, at Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave, with Dave Scott (of KINK and KGON fame) producing and Rob Sample (from KVAN, KOIN's "Around Town" and more) serving as emcee.
The concert features Floater, a tribute to Jimmy Boyer featuring the Freak Mountain Ramblers, Fernando, Bingo Richey, Roger North, Turtle VanDemarr, David Reisch and Pete Krebs. Louis Pain leads an all-star band with Andy Stokes, LaRhonda Steele, Peter Dammann, Dan Balmer and more.
There'll be a live auction and more.
The inductees are: (artists) Floater, Jimmy Boyer, King Black Acid, Mickey Newbury, Quasi and Sean Croghan; (side players) Louis Pain, Peter Boe and Richard Cousins; (industry) Chris Monlux, Lisa Lepine and Tres Shannon; (artist of the year) case/lang/veirs; (album of the year) Lisa Mann, "Hard Times, Bad Decisions."
Tickets are $30 in advance, at www.ticketfly.com, and $35 at the door.
Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• The Los Angeles-based, punk-infused rockers Barb Wire Dolls, who commanded stages last summer on the Vans Warped Tour, play Dante's, 350 W. Burnside St., 9 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12. Tickets: $12, www.danteslive.com.
• Soulful Americana singer Marc Broussard recently released "Easy to Love." He'll perform at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13. Tickets: $22, $25 day of show, www.revolutionhall.com.
• Kaki King, a visionary guitarist and composer, will appear in Portland on her "Uncharted: Power of Dreams" tour, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, at Winningstad Theatre, 1111 S.W. Broadway. Lost Lander also plays. Tickets: $28, www.portland5.com.
• The Jam'N 107.5's annual Halloween throwback show "Boo Bomb 4," is 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, at the Moda Center. Tickets: www.rosequarter.com. It'll feature Chiny, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Lloyd, Warren G, Ying Yang Twins, Montell Jordan and Too Short.
• There's a big show coming up at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. It's "Take Me To The River — A Memphis Soul, Rhythm and Blues Revue," 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 18, presented by the Oregon Symphony, featuring the likes of William Bell, Charlie Musselwhite, Bobby Rush, Frayser Boy, Al Kapone, the Hi Rhythm Section and Stax Alumni Band. Tickets: starting at $20, www.portland5.com.
Buy your tickets soon ...
• The event "A Night With Janis Joplin," featuring the music of the late great singer, has been moved from Oct. 17 to Feb. 11, at the Keller Auditorium. For more: www.portland5.com.
• Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Oct. 13, for Pink and her "Beautiful Trauma" world tour stop at the Moda Center, May 15. Go to www.LiveNation.com for tickets.
• Morrissey, a solo star and formerly of The Smiths, has announced a national tour in support of "Low in High School." He'll perform at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Oct. 31. For more: www.portland5.com.