Last week, April 20
"Rampage"; "Super Troopers 2"; "Tully"
This week, April 27
"Avengers: Infinity War" (Marvel/Disney), PG-13, 149 minutes
About — The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe; Stars — Karen Gillan, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman; Director — Anthony Russo/Joe Russo
"Kings" (The Orchard), R, 92 minutes
About — It's a look at the life of a foster family in South Central Los Angeles a few weeks before the city erupts in violence following the Rodney King trial verdict; Stars — Halle Berry, Daniel Craig, Lamar Johnson, Kaalan Walker; Director — Deniz Gamze Erguven
Next week, May 4
Note: Movie descriptions by IMDB, www.imdb.com
The latest top 10 digital movie purchases/rentals based on transaction rate, by Comscore:
1. "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle"
2. "Star Wars: Episode VIII, the Last Jedi"
3. "Thor: Ragnarok"
4. "Justice League"
5. "The Shape of Water"
7. "The Greatest Showman"
Other recent favorites: "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
"Godspeed — The Race Across America"
It's the inspiring documentary of faith and determination and the harrowing journey of ultra-cyclist/sportscaster Jerry Schemmel, who joins forces with IronMan triathlete/CEO Brad Cooper in the world's most grueling endurance bicycle race. Through Fathom Events and The Rudy Project, it screens at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 22, at local theaters: Cedar Hills Crossing 16, 3200 S.W. Hocken Ave., Beaverton; Century 16 Eastport, 4040 S.E. 82nd Ave.; Clackamas Town Center, 12000 S.E. 82nd Ave.; Lloyd Center 10 Cinema, 1510 N.E. Multnomah St. For more/tickets: www.FathomEvents.com.
• Dean Devlin has produced the "Independence Day" movies, as well as "The Librarians" and "Leverage" TV series, both filmed in Portland. His latest directorial work, "Bad Samaritan," opens in theaters May 4. It also was shot in Portland and is about a pair of burglars who stumble upon a woman being held captive in a home they intended to rob. It stars David Tennant, Kerry Condon, Robert Sheehan and Jacqueline Byers. For more: www.IMDB.com.
• Watch for the animated series "Dallas & Robo" on YouTube, by Portland-based executive producer Alex Bulkley and ShadowMachine. The eight-episode buddy comedy will premiere in the late spring. The series stars John Cena as cowboy-hat-wearing Al Robo and sassy space trucker Kat Dennings as Dallas, who try to make a few dollars in the seedy world of interplanetary big-rigging while navigating their way through cannibal bikers, rival space truckers and vending machine burritos. Jane Lynch is among the other guest voices. Bulkley and ShadowMachine made such award-winning shows as "BoJack Horseman" and "Robot Chicken."
• Organizers are seeking "Dance on Film" submissions for the second annual Portland Dance Film Festival. Submit at www.portlanddancefilmfest.com.