Ducks men fall to UCLA in Pac-12 tennis semifinals
COLLEGE MEN'S TENNIS
UCLA 4, Oregon 0
• The fourth-seeded Ducks came up short against the top-seeded Bruins in the Pac-12 semifinals at Ojai, California.
Second-ranked UCLA is 25-2 and will meet USC on Saturday for the conference title.
No. 35 Oregon fell to 17-9.
San Diego 4, Portland 2
• The No. 41 Toreros bounced the Pilots in the WCC semifinals at Claremont, California, in a close match in which UP took the doubles point and got a three-set win at No. 3 singles from Pierre Garcia.
For USD, conference Freshman of the Year August Holgrem (No. 75 in the nation) defeated WCC Player of the Year Michael Pervolarakis (No. 56), 6-3, 3-6, 7-5, at the top singles spot.
Pervolarakis will wait to hear if he is invited to the NCAA singles championships in May.
Portland finished the year with a 12-9 record. San Diego is 15-7.
COLLEGE WOMEN'S LACROSSE
Colorado 16, Oregon 6
• The top-seeded Buffaloes out-shot the Ducks, 45-28, en route to the Pac-12 semifinals victory at Boulder, Colorado.
The Buffs' strict defense led to them piling up a 13-6 lead before three late Oregon goals.
The Ducks fell to 9-9. Colorado, ranked 15th in the nation, is 13-4.
Baylor 281.410, Oregon 277.725
• Fourth-ranked Oregon's postseason run ended in the semifinals at NCATA championships, at Erie, Pennsylvania, where the No. 1-ranked and three-time defending national champion Bears (11-0) prevailed.
Baylor will go up against No. 3-ranked Quinnipiac on Saturday for the title.
COLLEGE MEN'S GOLF
• Nick Huff of Concordia has earned an at-large berth in the NCAA Division II West/South Central region championship, May 7-9 at Amarillo, Texas.