Tigard/Tualatin Police Log: Aug. 29-Sept. 4
The Tigard Police Department reported the following arrests from Aug. 29 to Sept. 4: assault (1), driving under the influence of intoxicants (3), drug offense (1), theft (3), warrant (5).
Monday, Sept. 4
• A strange man walked around in a backyard while yelling and carrying a two-by-four in the 12800 block of Walnut Street.
• Two people were seen "creeping around" in the 14600 block of 76th Avenue. It sounded as if they were trying to open car doors, a witness reported.
• A dog barked inside a vehicle with the windows cracked in the 9600 block of Washington Square Road. The vehicle was reportedly parked in the sun for an hour.
• Someone reportedly peeped into a person's window in the 9300 block of Maplewood Drive. This has been an ongoing issue.
• Someone threw a drink into a woman's vehicle, hitting her, in the area of 72nd Avenue and Pacific Highway.
• A man at Shell, 11290 S.W. Bull Mountain Road, cursed and caused a disturbance, possibly after being involved in a "road rage" incident.
Sunday, Sept. 3
• Someone appeared to be looking into vehicles along the street in the 10600 block of Murdock Street.
• A man was reportedly caught on video urinating on a gas pump and throwing gas nozzles on the ground at Shell, 11290 S.W. Bull Mountain Road.
• A license plate was stolen off a car in the 11400 block of Bull Mountain Road.
• A dog was spotted inside a car in the 7500 block of Dartmouth Street.
• A "scary" man was seen yelling at traffic near Fred Meyer, 11565 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• Tablets and phones were stolen from a house in the 12200 block of Quail Creek Lane.
• A drunken man had his keys taken away by a neighbor when he allegedly tried to drive off with a flat tire and a missing rear bumper in the 8500 block of Greensward Lane.
• Harassment was reported in the 12300 block of Grant Avenue.
Saturday, Sept. 2
• A man who was asked to leave Subway, 11634 S.W. Pacific Hwy., after being seen sleeping on a bench inside reportedly refused to do so.
• A man who appeared to be intoxicated was found asleep at the wheel of a running vehicle outside JCPenney, 9585 S.W. Washington Square Road, a security officer reported.
• A woman screamed in a parking lot in the 10600 block of Canterbury Lane.
• Someone in the 12500 block of Main Street reported being scammed out of money by a phone caller claiming to be from Portland General Electric and threatening to cut power unless they were immediately paid via Green Dot.
• A woman screamed and caused a disturbance at Union Gospel Mission, 11611 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• An employee at Dollar Tree, 11945 S.W. Hall Blvd., was allegedly assaulted by a customer.
• A dog was yelping inside a vehicle parked outside WinCo, 7501 S.W. Dartmouth St.
• Three suspected gunshots were heard in the 9200 block of Oak Street.
Friday, Sept. 1
• Someone reported seeing a possibly drunken man walking around in the 8800 block of Omara Street yelling "woop woop woop."
• A resident of the 11600 block of 98th Avenue called police to inform them they had just "unloaded a can of mace" at a trespasser.
• Clothing and personal items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 11400 block of Pacific Highway.
• A U-Haul trailer in the 11500 block of Pacific Highway was broken into and "lots of things" were missing.
• A dog inside a hot car parked in front of Starbucks, 11565 S.W. Pacific Hwy., appeared to be in distress.
• A man laying on the ground at the bus stop outside Mattress Depot, 11674 S.W. Pacific Hwy., appeared to be drunk or high on drugs.
• A man walked back and forth in the 10300 block of 69th Avenue while screaming.
• A distressed dog barked inside a vehicle parked in the 7300 block of Bridgeport Road.
• Someone opened the door of a vehicle in the 6600 block of Cardinal Lane to provide relief to a dog inside.
• The tire of a vehicle at Nordstorm, 9700 S.W. Washington Square Road, appeared to have been slit.
• A customer at Whole Foods Market, 12220 S.W. Scholls Ferry Road, was asked to leave because he was filming employees. He reportedly argued and refused to leave the parking lot.
• After being seen passed out in a yard in the 9300 block of Maplewood Drive, a woman reportedly woke up, went to the front door, and yelled and hit herself. She appeared to be intoxicated, a resident said.
Thursday, Aug. 31
• The male driver of a vehicle in the 13300 block of Pacific Highway was reportedly so drunk he could barely talk.
• Someone entered a garage and went through parked vehicles after the garage door was left ajar in the 9700 block of Lakeside Drive.
• A Comcast vehicle and a personal vehicle in the 7700 block of Cypress Lane were broken into overnight.
• A resident of the 15400 block of Summerfield Lane woke up to find his garage door open and his vehicle gone.
• The lock was cut on a storage shed in the 7100 block of Gonzaga Street, but it did not look like anything had been taken.
• Someone rummaged through a vehicle left unlocked in the 9500 block of Summerfield Drive.
• The stereo was stolen from a vehicle in the 11200 block of 84th Avenue.
• A pressure washer belonging to West Coast Coatings, 15245 S.W. 74th Ave., was allegedly stolen and held for "ransom" by someone who believed the business owed him money.
• After a neighbor reportedly said he was a lawyer and was going to sue a resident of the 12000 block of 116th Avenue, the resident said they found out he is not a lawyer after all.
• A woman reported being approached by a man in the 9500 block of Washington Square Road who asked her to come home with him and said he needed "to add to his collection."
• A man claiming to have a knife allegedly threatened a bus driver in the area of Pacific Highway and Main Street.
• A man inside a vehicle was seen yelling at a woman outside the car at Babies R Us, 7805 S.W. Dartmouth St.
• A resident of the 14800 block of 132nd Terrace reported being uncomfortable and suspicious when a man came to her house and asked to use the phone.
• A vehicle was seen driving "very dangerously" in the area of Highway 217 and Greenburg Road, reportedly cutting off vehicles and running a red light at the exit.
• An "aggressive" man argued with customers at Dotty's, 12085 S.W. Hall Blvd.
• Someone unlawfully entered a vehicle in the 11600 block of Pacific Highway.
Wednesday, Aug. 30
• A shirtless man riding a bicycle around the parking lot of the Courtyard by Marriott, 15686 S.W. Sequoia Pkwy., appeared to be looking into parked cars.
• A vehicle in the 9500 block of Washington Square Road was broken into.
• A video lottery machine at Foxy's, 14295 S.W. Pacific Hwy., was damaged.
• A dog was seen inside a car parked with the windows rolled down about halfway outside Red Robin, 10100 S.W. Washington Square Road.
• Four people allegedly waited outside McDonald's, 12090 S.W. Main St., planning to beat up a "kid" inside the restaurant.
• A man wearing a hat with a feather in it appeared to be "tweaking" in the 9500 block of Tigard Street.
• The back window of a car in the 10600 block of Hall Boulevard was broken, but nothing appeared to have been taken.
• A woman reported someone who had been stalking her tried to open her door in the 7500 block of Hunziker Road.
• Two dogs got loose in the 15400 block of Greenfield Drive before being leashed and returned to their owner. This has been a recurring issue.
• After being told to leave Plaid Pantry, 11705 S.W. Pacific Hwy., and not return, a man reportedly came back and refused to leave while riding his skateboard and making obscene gestures toward an employee.
• A laptop computer was stolen in the 8900 block of Commercial Street, possibly after the front door to the residence was left unlocked.
• A mountain bike was reported stolen from a front porch in the 9700 block of McDonald Street.
Tuesday, Aug. 29
• A man was seen hiding behind a tree near someone's door in the 11500 block of Hall Boulevard. The resident said the same man had knocked on and opened her door the previous week.
• A generator was stolen from a yard in the 14000 block of 72nd Avenue.
• A package was reported stolen in the 12700 block of Pacific Highway.
• Someone was seen walking into an abandoned house in the 11700 block of Warner Avenue.
• Three dogs were left inside a vehicle with the windows cracked outside Advantage Dental, 9900 S.W. Greenburg Road.
• A resident of the 9200 block of 74th Avenue complained of neighbors dumping "a ton of debris," including bricks, a tarpaulin and metal brackets, over the fence into her yard.
• A man wearing "lots of layers of clothing" and with "tons of backpacks" with him was observed to be having a "tantrum" outside Rite Aid, 12080 S.W. Main St. He reportedly yelled, screamed and threw things at the building.
• A man who came to a door in the 10800 block of Black Diamond Way seemed "out of it" and asked to stay there, a resident reported. Upon being denied, he went back to his vehicle, sat there for a couple of minutes and then departed.
The Tualatin Police Department reported the following from Aug. 29 to Sept. 4: 724 calls for service, 12 traffic crashes and 13 arrests.
Monday, Sept. 4
• A Portland man was cited for giving false information to police during a traffic stop on Interstate 5 northbound near the Nyberg Street exit.
Sunday, Sept. 3
• Two Portland men, a Tigard woman and a Troutdale woman were arrested on multiple criminal charges in the 17900 block of McEwan Road, including drug possession.
• An apartment garage in the 8000 block of Avery Street was burglarized and items collectively valued at $16,450 were stolen from inside.
• A Portland woman was arrested for criminal possession of counterfeit currency and an outstanding warrant in the 7700 block of Nyberg Street.
Saturday, Sept. 2
• A purse was stolen from a vehicle in the 8500 block of Tualatin Road.
• A Hubbard man was arrested for drunken driving in the 18900 block of Martinazzi Avenue.
Friday, Sept. 1
• Someone stole about $80 in children's clothing from an unlocked vehicle in the 17800 block of Pacific Highway.
• A woman's identification was stolen from her vehicle in the 8400 block of Mohawk Street.
• A Florence woman was arrested on an outstanding warrant in the 17900 block of Upper Boones Ferry Road.
• A vehicle was damaged and about $400 in items stolen from inside in the 17900 block of McEwan Road.
Thursday, Aug. 31
• Items and cash collectively valued at about $820 were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 21300 block of 98th Avenue.
• Someone stole about $440 in items from a garage in the 6900 block of Nyberg Street.
• A Tualatin woman was arrested for theft at the Apple Store, 7293 S.W. Bridgeport Road, after she was allegedly caught taking more than $460 in merchandise from the store.
• Someone stole a trailer from the business lot of U-Haul, 7100 S.W. McEwan Road.
• Keys were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 20600 block of 86th Avenue.
Wednesday, Aug. 30
• Two vehicle were entered and their contents rifled through in the 20900 and 21100 blocks of 84th Avenue, but nothing appeared to have been taken.
• Someone unlawfully entered a vehicle in the 8400 block of Iroquois Drive.
• Two parked vehicles' windows were broken in the 7100 and 7800 blocks of Sagert Street, but nothing was taken from inside the vehicles.
• About $20 in items was stolen from a vehicle in the 21100 block of 84th Avenue. Some of the items were located nearby.
Tuesday, Aug. 29
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 8600 block of Yakima Court and stole $2 in cash.
• Four pairs of sunglasses collectively valued at more than $800 were stolen from Sunglass Hut, 7391 S.W. Bridgeport Road.
• Four pairs of headphones collectively valued at nearly $1,200 were stolen from the Apple Store, 7293 S.W. Bridgeport Road.