Records must be submitted by Feb. 20

Children will not be able to attend school or child care starting Feb. 20 if their records on file show missing immunizations.

State law requires that all children in public and private schools, preschools, Head Start and certified child care facilities have up-to-date documentation on their immunizations or have a religious or medical exemption.

Adolescents — grades seventh through 11th — require one dose of Tdap vaccine. Tdap is a tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough) booster.

Children 18 months and older in child care, preschool and kindergarten through fourth grade require a two-dose series of the hepatitis A vaccine, which protects against a communicable viral infection.

Parents seeking immunizations for their children should contact their health care provider or local health department, or call Oregon SafeNet at 1-800-723-3638. Families without a doctor and/or insurance can also contact the Clackamas County Health Department at 503-675-8471 for an appointment to obtain the required immunizations.

No one can be turned away from a local health department because of the inability to pay for required vaccines. Pharmacists can immunize children age 11 and older. Parents should contact their neighborhood pharmacy for details. For more information, visit

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine